Customs Brokerage Manager
The Customs Brokerage Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate filing of entries with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the ultimate delivery of goods to our customers. The Customs Brokerage Manager will also oversee and participate in the daily operations of the department.
- Adhere to, train and advise team in areas of Customs Brokerage Regulations
- Monitor team performance against company standards and department goals; regular audit of shipment documents and accounting
- Monitor problem files and implement corrective action when needed
- Issue work instructions to team members to ensure timely and orderly file flow including release, billing, and auditing
- Monitor staff training needs; identify and develop training objectives
- Conduct regular staff meetings; communicate department goals and expectations
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved
- Daily follow-up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins
- Escalate any unresolved issues or risks before they materially impact Kuehne Nagel
- Work closely with other departments and branches to deliver high level of service to customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Licensed Customs House Broker required
- At least 5 years experience as an Entry Writer
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent team-building skills and ability to work independently
- Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Proven reliability
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines in a high-pressure environment
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
ABOUT KUEHNE NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.