Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Perform analysis and develop insights on industrial distribution rebating practices and performance.
- Provide insight on opportunities to optimize rebating levels with respect to demand and supply dynamics.
- Identify baselines for products and / or markets / sales regions and develop processes to identify and challenge outliers.
- Provide periodic reporting to highlight ongoing opportunities for rationalization of agreements.
- Analyze incoming submissions, and complete pre-approval tasks for sales leadership team.
- Design standardized program reports and calculate the rebate payments per the terms of the agreement.
- Implement and maintain a standardized rebating / discount performance dashboard.
- Analyze large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data and distill it into actionable insights and relevant takeaways.
- Develop rebating recommendations based on analysis, insights and considering factors that impact sales and probability.
- Analyze market dynamics, rebating trends, and market opportunities.
- Work with strategic marketing, and larger pricing organization to develop and implement rebating strategies.
- Perform analysis of existing transactional level data to assist sales in approval decision making process.
- Drive continuous improvement around rebating toolset, reporting, and analytics.
- Discern, develop, and accurately calculate rebate payments per the terms and requirements defined in the program documents.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Strong analytical and process documentation skills
- Ability to communicate tactfully and professionally with internal customers, and external sources
- Adherence to stringent deadlines and attention to details
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to derive insight
- Innovative and continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent project, organizational and time management skills
- Logical, process-oriented thinking
- Preferred skills:
- Exposure to industrial distribution operating model
- Advanced data retrieval and manipulation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong focus in Access and Excel, general database structure, and integration
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Analytics, Statistics or Finance with 4 years post qualification experience in distribution/channel management and/or pricing OR
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Analytics or Finance with 2 years post qualification experience in distribution/channel management and/or merchandising.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.