Penske Logistics is now hiring a Battery Changer for their Maintenance Department servicing all material handling equipment in our warehouse. Come and be a part of our team!
Must be open to 2nd and/or 3rd shift hours!
- Conducts the removal and replacement of lift batteries safely.
- Operates Hydra-Handler Sled.
- Maintains and repairs battery cable insulation and connectors.
- Conducts daily/weekly Preventative Maintenance and completes daily log sheet.
- Monitors battery charger status & exercises corrective action as required.
- Monitors Battery De-ionizer and takes corrective action.
- Disposes of Hazardous Materials in accordance with established OSHA procedures.
- Checks and maintains water levels in batteries.
- Uses multi meter to check battery voltages.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Provides stand by relief as needed.
- Utilizes and maintains the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Verifies all safety switches are functional at all times.
- Performs any and all job related duties as directed.
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous Battery/Charger maintenance and repair experience preferred but not required.
- Good Communication skills and the ability to work well with a diverse group of associates.
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment (Hi-lift, RC, Pallet Jacks, etc.).
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and multi meters.
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 80lbs.
- Occasionally climb ladders or use lift equipment to a height in excess of 28 ft.
- Manual dexterity in hands, arms and legs to use tools, bend, stoop, stand and stretch.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.