Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Location: Calgary, Alberta
Lovejoy Canada, as part of the Timken Power Transmission Group, is committed to producing the highest quality parts and providing outstanding customer service. As the Technical Sales Representative for Western Canada, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing customer and distributor sales support in BC, AB and SK.
- Applies Lovejoy capabilities and technology across the full portfolio of Lovejoy products and services.
- Understands and leverages the company value proposition to maximize price and sales and to grow and protect business; focused on eliminating price as an objection when delivering new products or projects.
- Provides technical support to customers, across the Lovejoy portfolio of products and services, and expertise in areas required for assigned customers.
- Primary technical resource for their customers with responsibility for securing and delivering technical resources to the customer.
- Manages assigned customer base within territory: Makes target number of customer calls and attains sales targets; delivers high-impact customer presentations that focus on Lovejoy and Timken capabilities and solutions, value proposition; influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Facilitates customer interaction: Coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas, including working with Engineering on complex system analyses, on non-standard part number or types.
- Sales Plan Execution: Based on National Manager directive, this position executes the customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing and new business attainment; actively gathering and submitting customer and market knowledge in monthly reports.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Working knowledge of Lovejoy products and their applications
- Expertise in Microsoft suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Previous experience with ERP systems such as SAP, as well as CRM software.
- Training and or experience in the development of customer relationships and partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experiencein Industrial Direct Sales or relevant equivalent technical experience.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
Only permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.