1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. We're constantly on the lookout for leaders like you who will provide guidance, inspiration and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Quality Manager, you will administer the company quality program in accordance with applicable management system standards, customer needs and organizational requirements, which will directly impact sustainment of our certifications to applicable standards. You'll promote awareness of customer requirements and have the organizational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality, helping to maintain XPO's superior levels of product/service conformity. Become a part of our dynamic global team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Execute the Quality Management System (QMS) according to documented policies and procedures, while meeting the requirements of the applicable international quality standards
- Review the system at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness
- Identify opportunities for improvement and the need for changes in the system; support plant operations in identifying Lean process improvement opportunities
- Ensure that all quality systems and procedures are deployed to satisfy customer requirements
- Serve as the Supply Chain headquarters and site audit authority for internal and external audits
- Collaborate with Engineering, IT, Operations, HR and other functional groups to identify and implement process improvement projects which directly impact the organization's ability to remain competitive
- Interpret requirements of international standards; review and analyze processes and other requirements (regulatory, customer) to ensure compliance to international standards
- Support site-specific programs to ensure policies, procedures and work instructions are properly adhered to and compliant with active management system standards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- 5 years of professional quality experience in a distribution or warehousing environment
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in a related field
- 7 years of professional quality experience in a distribution or warehousing environment
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager, Certified Quality Auditor and/or Certified Quality Engineer
- Strong knowledge and auditing experience with ISO and QMS standards
- Solid problem-solving and organizational skills; capable of quickly mastering new concepts, ideas and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with experience communicating effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with the client
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.