HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for staffing, organizing, and directing operations within multiple Distribution Centers to effectively manage the receipt, storage, selection, packaging, loading and shipping of products to multiple locations in B2B and/or traditional distribution capacity, which may include the management of fleet operations. Act as strategic partner with logistics and supply chain management in establishing and adhering to operating budgets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides effective leadership to multiple Distribution Centers to ensure efficient distribution operations and adherence to policy, procedure and process excellence. Ensures well being of associates through compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
- Oversees carrier services and dedicated delivery processes. Partners with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Controls cost through process improvement initiatives, productivity of personnel, and efficient utilization of space and protection of stored materials. Ensures protection and accuracy of inventory by adhering to all inventory control processes and procedures.
- Protects the well-being of associates and environment by ensuring a culture of safety awareness and strict compliance with all EHS and HAZMAT policies and procedures.
- Develops annual operating budgets in support of the business unit's financial goals and manages P&L. Completes cost justification and determines ROI.
- Responsible for talent management including selection, development, and performance management of direct and indirect reports.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels by effectively forecasting resources needed to meet service, financial and operational requirements.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically defined by higher level leadership. Problems are difficult. Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Decides how to achieve planned results within an organization's plans, policies, and guidelines. May set or change plans/goals within respective department or area.
- May manage department via multiple layers of managers OR directly supervise a staff of professional individual contributors at the senior or technical advisor level.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 9+ years of experience in a related field, including several years in a management/supervisory capacity.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functional business partners to execute Best-In-Class customer experience
- Understanding of business and management principles, leadership strategies and strategic planning for multiple distribution center responsibility
- Familiarity with transportation fundamentals, guiding management and operations across all modes of transportation
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, forecasting, and analyzing data and financial information to manage the business
- The ability to manage people, build teams and communicate effectively at all levels across the organization
- The ability to examine information or a situation in detail in order to identify key or important elements, their strengths and weaknesses and use these to compile a persuasive argument, make recommendations or solve a problem
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas - US-TX-Houston
Posted Date 1 week ago (11/27/2019 9:43 AM)
Job ID 2019-35644
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 75356
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.