Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
POSITION TITLE Warehouse Person
Job Code 6013 / 6014 / 6514 - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO Warehouse Supervisor
To work towards the common goals of the department with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Maintain attention to detail. Adherence to policies and procedures set forth by Core-Mark management will be observed at all times. Receive, store and distribute products within the warehouse by performing essential responsibilities listed below.
- Mainstream Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing Responsibilities:
- Receive all inbound merchandise and locates to proper pick location.
- Restock order pick lines and flow lines to prepare warehouse for order selection.
- Ensure placement of product in sufficient quantities to accommodate routine and/ or special demands.
- Perform routine cycle counts or other physical counts prompted by variance between on hand and continuous records.
- Retrieve product in accordance with printed customer orders.
- Pull orders according to sequencing on delivery route/run list and ensure usage of product with oldest date first; rotates goods.
- Consolidate merchandise into picking containers as necessary.
- Clearly mark cartons or totes with truck run and stop number.
- Maintain inventory location records.
- Restock order selection zones as necessary during conduct of picking operations.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Maintain clean, orderly workstation-returns supplies, merchandise to assigned locations and cleans work area at end of production shift.
- Perform other duties as required
- Ongoing Responsibilities:
Health & Safety
- Comply with H&S policies and procedures
- Report hazards (unsafe conditions/acts) to H&S Advisor, Manager and/or Human Resources
- Refer all safety matters to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
- All employees have a right to participate in H&S matters, this may include assisting in Safety Committee Meetings, Facility Self Inspections, Accident Investigations and Job Safety Analysis
- Ensure all injuries are reported to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
- Comply with any requests for information with reference to WCB issues
- Comply with any offers of modified duties
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- One to three months of related experience a/o training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a production shift environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1-3 months of related experience as listed above.
- On the job Warehouse Operations experience preferred
TECHNICAL ABILITIES TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER
- Basic PC skills Word, Excel, Outlook
- AS400 Experience desirable
- Light typing skills/10 key by touch
MUST HAVES (attitudes & skills)
- Discrete (confidentiality)
- Self Motivated
- Team Orientated
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Ability
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Time & Goal Management
- Stress Management
- Customer Relations (internal and external)
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach goals
- Comfortable learning internal computer systems
OTHER INFORMATION (Language requirements, travel, physical conditions)
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and finger to handle objects, tolls, or controls; reach with hand and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours. The employee must regularly lift a/o move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift a/o move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift a/o move up to 60 lbs.
If yes, Amt =
- WORK ENVIRONTMENT
- Able to work in an interruption-driven environment
- Does the employee work near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions?
- Yes No
- Is the employee exposed to fumes or airborne particles?
- Yes No
- Language: Ability to read, print, and speak simple sentences. Recognize similarities and difference between words and between series of numbers. Must be able to read product codes and information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to add/subtract 2 digit numbers and multiply/divide 10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Must be able to recognize malfunctions in equipment and notify supervisors.
CORE COMPETENCIES (range of 0 to 5)
Teamwork and Collaboration
Integrity / Trustworthiness
Entrepreneurship / Creativity
Strategic Thinking and Problem Solving
Risk Management / Judgment
Effective Written Communication
Diagnostic Information Gathering
Strategic Outlook and Thinking
Persuasion and Influence
Learning and Knowledge
Technical, Practical and Professional Knowledge
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.