The Ocean Export Team Leader is responsible for the overall day to day operational performance of services to clients, supervising staff and reporting directly to the Ocean Manager with respect to their assigned customers and contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for processing air/ocean export shipments while achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in regards to matters of significance as it relates to their respective team.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements, customer contracts, quality goals, service levels, performance standards and KPI's.
- Responsible for continuous improvements of service process to achieve gains in revenues, productivity and quality
- Responsible for root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions with regard to client service failures.
- Works closely with Director / Project Manager to ensure that they are fully informed of client complaints and celebrate wins and successes.
- Responsible for credit management of customers, AR, resolving invoicing issues timely and keeping client accounts current.
- Responsible for ensuring client satisfaction of services, deep selling of existing clients, and support for the implementation of new clients as assigned.
- Responsible for training staff on customer services, corporate, regulatory and industry changes or requirements and coordinating with Human Resources
- Responsible for effective management of personnel to maximize efficiencies
- Responsible for motivating project teams to meet required production levels
- Exercises the authority to recommend to Director / Project Manager the hiring, discipline, reward, or discharge of employees with Human Resources involvement
- Performs other responsibilities and completes tasks as directed by Director / Project Manager
- 5+ years' experience required in a sales/customer service role
- 5+ years' experience in Air/Ocean Forwarding, Packing Coordination, Customs Brokerage or related fields.
- Experienced in the identification/documentation of hazardous cargo.
- Experience in coordination of all required documentation needs and subcontracted services to meet contractual requirements
- Comfortable using metrics to manage staff and drive improvements
- Polished verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Excellent leadership & customer service skills
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Ability to work under time pressures
- Ability and experience in managing others and prioritizing work
- Ability to train and instruct others on how to perform tasks
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to motivate employees to achieve operational excellence
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, C2C and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel as required and drive a vehicle.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, working beyond these hours will often be required by business needs.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.