CNC Lead Trainer/Programmer
This position is responsible for the programming, machine cycle and tool optimization, machine operations, troubleshooting, route structure, waste elimination, cost savings, and continuous improvement of all CNC operations. This position will lead the entire CNC department with additional focus on training new and existing CNC operators. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized, efficient and productive. He or she will be judicious, fast thinking and able to excel under pressure.
- Expertise of all CNC equipment, tools, work holding, and programs for different brands of equipment
- Program creation of all CNC equipment to also include modification of programs to develop alternate routing to manufacture product (CNC equipment to include lathes, mills, EDM, grinders)
- Expertise in work holding; selection of optimal work holding with optimal parameters for all CNC equipment
- Responsible for initial and continuous quality specification requirements by conducting and/or arranging for First Article Inspections and performing daily inspections.
- Ability to conduct and/or participate in Design of Experiments (DOE) to use scientific data to justify the correct tool selections
- Effectively operate CNC equipment as needed in order to meet customer demand
- Advanced troubleshooting of equipment and tooling issues using Root Cause Analysis tools
- Work Standard creation and development
- Expertise in coding, program creation, optimization, proving, on all CNC equipment of different brands and controls
- Expertise in different metals, grades of metals, and other materials such as plastic, rubber, and composites
- Conduct testing to set parameters for CNC machines to operate automatically; automatic offset adjustments, tool changes, study insert wear, etc…
- Advanced blueprint reading that is translated into programming and manufactured to blue print specifications
- Advanced metrology to conduct proper measurements and recording of measurement
- Plant trainer for all CNC equipment
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum 10 years understanding of manufacturing processes and Continuous Improvement required, 12 years preferred.
- Miniumum 5 years CNC machine programming required, 10 years preferred.
- Faunc Certification preferred.
- CNC Certification Preferred.
1st Shift position.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.