HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Builds relationships and develops plans to increase sales and profitability for mid-size accounts that are regional or national in scope and make regional or national purchasing decisions. Drives sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales for HD Supply. Negotiates regional contracts and rebate programs. Ensures effective implementation of regional account programs through all sales channels. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Generates viable sales leads and prospects through market and account research, sales events, networking, vendor events and computer programs. Contacts assigned and prospective accounts to secure new business.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing accounts. Teams with individuals within sales and key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Develops, executes and communicates business plans for profitably growing sales of assigned customers. Provides market and competitor information to appropriate channel within the company. Accountable for attaining assigned sales quota, part margin and controllable expense objectives.
- Interacts with customers, vendors, and associates to resolve customer and service related issues.
- Maintains a current and competent base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Maintains and submits all required sales administration reports. Regularly attends company meetings.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of Miller Heiman's Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process concepts.
- Prior experience in telesales and possession of proven phone sales skills.
- Knowledge in HDS product line.
Job Locations US-LA-Geismar
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (11/18/2019 12:22 PM)
Job ID 2019-35631
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 70734
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.