Ocean Import/ Export Coordinator
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion Staffing Solutions is in need of an Ocean Import/ Export Coordinator to work at the New York area that is self-motivated, organized, and responsible and company oriented to join this exciting company. To apply for this position you must have experience in one of the following areas:
- Import/ Export
- RoRo (Roll on – Roll Off)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Handle BOL (Bill of Landings)
- Quoting and Invoicing
- Manage all aspect of logistics for the company
- Arrange cargo booking with carriers, customers and oversea agent, prepares bill of lading and necessary documentation.
- Plan the most appropriate route for shipments, taking account of the hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Maintain a variety of computer and related files on assigned projects
- Plan operations and keep track of inventory in the warehouse
- Control transportation related functions of pickups & packs, temporary holding and material transfer.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of related experience.
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new software programs quickly
- Must have experience in Consolidations.
- Must be detailed oriented, highly organized and efficient
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to work overtime, long hours.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Cargo Software (not required but a big plus):
- Automated Export System (AES)
- EZ Freight
- Applicants will work in the customer's facility in New York
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.
- A clean background needed for employment in Freight Forwarding company