Graymont's Pilot Peak Plant in Wendover, Nevada is hiring a TEMPORARY KILN SCALE HAND
United States - NV - Wendover
Reporting to the Production Supervisor and Kiln Operator as part of the Kiln crew you are responsible for the safe operation of the weigh scales and scale computer, collecting truck samples and managing all incoming and outgoing truck traffic. Also responsible to maintain the site, including keeping a clean and orderly work place.
- Ensure that trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate weights.
- Visually inspect incoming trailers for cleanliness.
- Load the trucks to the drivers' specification and check the accuracy of all information on the printed bill of lading.
- Bundle and ensure that the day's bills are promptly turned in to the office.
- Complete the daily work place inspection.
- Obtain daily silo readings for the Kiln Operator.
- Operate the scale house computer and equipment safely and effectively.
- Be available to cover vacations and work overtime when needed.
- Ensure that all MSHA regulations and Graymont policies and procedures are followed by anyone entering the work area.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a safe and clean condition at all times.
- Assist Kiln Crews to troubleshoot and correct problems in the Reclaim, Kiln and Hydrate areas.
- All other duties as assigned by the Kiln Operator or Plant Management.
- The primary duties include the safe and efficient operation of the truck scales, but also includes assisting Kiln crews to trouble shoot and correct problems in the Kiln and Hydrate areas.
- The Scale Hand is expected to learn the Kiln Utility duties so that, once trained, the Scale Hand can trade duties with the Kiln Utility on a rotating basis.
- The Scale Hand is required to document their training (date, number of hours and task learned) as a Kiln Utility.
- This position is an entry level position for the Kiln, and the successful applicant will train to be able to bid on the next available Kiln Utility position.
- The successful applicant will be required to work rotating shifts.
- The individual must possess a high level of safety awareness, must be a team player and work well with co-workers and those in other departments.
- Applicants will be evaluated individually to determine their suitability and eligibility for this position.