Responsible for establishing strategic direction and leadership for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of industry leading environmental, health and safety programs. The EHS Manager would have overall safety ownership for the Springfield facility.
- Subject matter expert for all Federal, State and local rules and regulations pertaining to Safety regulations and good industry practice.
- Plan and administer health, wellness and safety programs to reduce employee/employer risk.
- Prepare and distribute educational material and safety and health information to develop a more informed work force.
- Conduct safety audits of company facilities, make recommendations, and perform in a consulting role to maintain federal and state compliance.
- Communicate and interpret Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, Workers Compensation and promulgate plans to insure compliance to all statutes and standards, reducing company liability, employee risks, and potential OSHA fines.
- Maintain exacting recording standards to comply with OSHA guidelines.
- Monitor employee exposure levels and maintain records and take corrective action to eliminate work-related injury/illness.
- Formulate, recommend and implement safety, health and wellness-related policies which promote the company's philosophy for a safe and healthy work place.
- Train and test first responders to assure a high degree of competency.
- Guide and assist First Response team members to maintain fire containment skills.
- Maintain employee's health and safety records in a confidential manner.
- Establish training programs for the development of production supervisors and other management personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety or another related field
- 5-10 years' experience in Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Strategic planning ability to understand current conditions, envision the ideal state and develop a plan.
- Strong leadership and performance management skills.
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Systemic thinking/strong diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.