Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
As a Sales Service Rep you will interface directly with the convenience store customer on a daily basis and maintain the established business partnership and relationship.
In addition, you will educate customers on products and programs available through Core-Mark and facilitate daily activity required to manage the convenience store business between Wholesale and Retail. You are required to meet specific goals for Sales and Profit assigned for your territory and individual accounts. This includes the implementation and execution of specific Growth Strategies, Marketing Programs, Strategic Initiatives, and Company Standards. This position is fast-paced and multi-faceted, requiring a broad skillset of sales, merchandising, order replenishment, marketing, problem solving, time management, and customer service.
- Visit customers on a regular call cycle to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer with online ordering.
- Provide retailers with Category Management information regarding high potential new items, emerging trends and merchandising methods designed and intended to grow retailer sales and profits sustainably.
- Maintenance on established customer accounts
- Support Territory Managers and/or Sales Development Reps sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Be customer service focused. Work in tandem and provide support to Territory Managers/Development Reps and suppliers to promote Programs available through Core-Mark, such as Food Service equipment installs, Marketing Programs and other support services.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- File weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed
- Comfortable reviewing and analyzing various basic sales and profit reports designed to convey progress made in achieving sales results and gross margin growth.
- Communicate with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities for incremental program placement and related sales opportunities.
- Comfortable adapting to new handheld and application based technology for processing and transmitting orders.
- Make weekly sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned accounts.
- Provide Territory Manager with oral and written reports on sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive information, and new business opportunities.
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a positive light, with respect for internal and external relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with customers to grow sales and profits.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including all Safety protocols.