Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Inventory Cycle Counter, you will be responsible for performing counts of the physical inventory and researching ways to insure efficiencies within the inventory processes. You will count material, equipment, merchandise, and supplies in-stock to provide inventory records for the warehouse. A successful candidate will play a key role in providing quality assurance to warehouse practices.
- Counting materials, equipment, merchandise, and supplies in-stock; creating total inventory records.
- Comparing inventories to office records and computing figures from records.
- Verifying clerical computations against physical count of stock and investigating discrepancies.
- Monitoring inventory rotations and making recommendations as needed.
- Preparing reports such as inventory balances, weekly cycle counts, and production breakdowns.
- Preparing list of depleted items and recommending survey of defective/unusable items.
- Reviewing and investigating daily reports directed by the Auditor.
- Maintaining shrink at or below company standard.
- Understanding overall business and departments in how they impact inventory and its integrity.
- Preform additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- High School Degree or General Educational Development (GED).
- 1-3 years of inventory experience in a warehouse environment.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and intermediate general computer skills.
- Ability to count and perform inventory duties; apply strong math skills while using adding machines.
- Ability to operate Scissor lift using harness equipment with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass forklift certification and be able to operate other equipment as assigned.
- Must be able to learn or have experience with AS400 or SAP.
- Ability to work in normal warehouse temperatures including Freezer/Cooler.
- Ability to work at high levels in the warehouse using scissor lift with appropriate PPE.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
- Exposure to heights within the warehouse while using motorized vehicles and PPE.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.