USABlueBook is a Business Unit within HD Supply and is the nation's leading distributor of Maintenance, Repair, and Operational Supplies to the Water & Wastewater Industry. USABlueBook helps to protect and provide clean water to municipalities serving populations of 3,000 - 30,000 people, strategic large metropolitan areas, and strategic industrial markets. Customer delight is driven by Consultative sales representatives, supported by live Customer Service hours of operation convenient for customers from coast to coast and a Supply Chain that ships 95% of in-stock items the same day provided orders are received by 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Associate satisfaction and fulfillment is driven by a fast paced, flexible, agile, entrepreneurial, work environment!
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Serve as a facilitator to the sales process that may generate new sales opportunities or upsell via phone, email, or other electronic communication. Oversee responses to customer order and quotation requests for all levels of accounts received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed correspondence. May directly or indirectly support outside sales.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Facilitates the sales process through project management, tracking open sales orders, issue resolution, and overall customer service and support.
- Prospects for new sales opportunities via outbound calling and emailing.
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as well as other complex tables, to determine the appropriate price. Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining target margin goals.
- Procures and maintains inventory; monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Ensures timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Works at the sales counter to serve in-store customers as assigned. Contributes to add-on sales by maintaining a high level of product knowledge. Handles customer inquiries and problem resolution when an outside salesperson is not available.
- Performs estimating, take-off, and proposal duties as necessary.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience selling in an inside sales environment and demonstrated success working with customers.
- Experience with inventory sales.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills desired.
Job Locations US-IL-Waukegan
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (11/21/2019 8:25 AM)
Job ID 2019-35624
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60085
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.