Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that providing superior support and solutions to our customers drives our success, and we want to put you behind the wheel. As the Senior Manager, Terminal Operations, you will be responsible for managing the overall site operations for a drayage terminal with between 30 and 70 Independent Contractors (ICs). You'll handle the terminal P&L, safety compliance, customer service, IC onboarding, staff development and intermodal asset management. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing, dynamic company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage the terminal P&L to meet established budgets and forecasts
- Oversee all dispatch, planning and document management functions
- Manage operational performance, including on-time pickup and delivery, volume, equipment balance and empty miles
- Maintain a safe, efficient and orderly terminal office and yard; ensure staff is properly trained on all policies and procedures
- Manage the effectiveness of the staff's interaction and relationship with ICs, including recruiting, training and retaining ICs to meet established fleet goals
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 8 years of logistics or transportation experience
- Ability to monitor and interpret operational metrics
- Ability to quantify and report on financial performance metrics
It'd be great if you also have:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Operations or related field
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees; ability to identify and resolve problems
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.