United States - OH - Genoa
Graymont has an immediate opening at our Genoa, OH plant for a stationary maintenance technician. Candidate must have excellent troubleshooting, mechanical, and welding skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain equipment so that breakdowns are kept to a minimum. Perform this work without detailed plans and instructions from a supervisor.
- Dismantle, repair, and assemble new pieces of equipment in the facility.
- Use of the following tools and equipment (but not limited to); burning torch, welding torch, welding trucks, arc welding machine, small hand tools, large wrenches, chains, blocks, power hacksaw, electric drill, drill press, jacks, hoists, plasma cutter, and MIG welders.
- Perform installation of equipment working to close specifications and using instruments for alignment.
- Ongoing inspection of equipment for condition, wear, etc. Record findings as part of preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain and repair pumps and compressors.
- Work from simple installation and assembly drawings and blueprints in the installation of new machinery. Be capable of drawing legible sketches for file.
- Operate cranes to lift men and material safely after sufficient training.
- Applicant must have and maintain a current and valid OH Driver's License.
- Must be capable of climbing steps and ladders to work at high elevations, including from man basket.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work a majority of overtime under the circumstances of the job (including emergency situations).
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, good housekeeping and clean up procedures must be followed on all jobs.
- Familiar with JDE, able to issue work orders, and order parts as needed.
- Job applicants must pass a comprehensive written and welding test.