Primary responsible for receiving, storing, packing and shipping merchandise kept in warehouse area; participate in continuous improvement activities as part of the team and ensure company policies are followed
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the handling of cargo and supervising general warehouse staff
- Assigning work and functions to all warehouse staff
- Able to work at a rapid pace to meet shipping and receiving deadlines
- Able to load and unload merchandise. Able to lift, bend or stand for long periods of time.
- Must have good record-keeping skills and must pay attention to detail
- Maintain and clean warehouse daily according to guidelines
- Efficiently carry out all orders as received from warehouse supervisor/manager
- Proper packing, labeling and tagging of all inventory in the warehouse
- Ensure company policies are followed (i.e. Warehouse regulatory and administrative)
- Maintain warehouse equipment like forklift, packing machinery and hand tools are serviced as required according to warehouse manager's instructions and service agreements.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- Conduct inventory and manage daily on hand receiving's and other documentation
Reports to: Warehouses Manager and Operations Manager
Supervises: Warehouse staff
- Clients Build positive relationships with customers and help resolve any problems with freight as they arise
- Fellow teammates (Warehouses staff and operations)