Graymont's Faulkner Plant is looking for a supervisor with experience that enjoys working with people, improving chemical and mechanical processes and wants a long term career in the industrial minerals industry.
Canada - MB - Faulkner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a critical member of the Faulkner Plant management team.
- Responsible for supervising the Quarry, Kiln and Pulverized Limestone operators and process.
- Ensure that the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, personnel, plant efficiency, availability, environmental compliance and product quality.
- Lead and develop an effective self-directed workforce within the plant that works well with other functions and teams both within the plant and across all Graymont.
- Communicate effectively across plant function lines as well as non- plant resources to ensure "best" solutions and engineering practice are implemented.
- Identify, analyze and implement process improvements.
- Coordinate the maintenance and production activities associated with long and short term shutdowns.
- Support capital projects implementation and major repairs with plant personnel.
- Coordinate and supervise work provided by contractors and vendors.
- Assist the operation and maintenance in determining the root cause of problems causing equipment failure or process upsets and develop corrective solutions.
- Participation in day-to-day plant environmental compliance and reporting.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor in managing inventory, JDE Reports and Work Order system.
- Take an active role in the plant safety committee.
- Contribute to the success of Graymont's lime business by sharing information and applying Graymont-wide best practices.
- Relevant college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Five years industrial process or supervisory experience required.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven team building and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines or to ensure resolution of plant problems.
- Passionate in the pursuit of implementing process improvements.
- Strong computer skills.
- Basic financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, and planning).