Ocean Export Supervisor
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking an Ocean Export Supervisor to join its Atlanta Office located in East Point, GA. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the Ocean Export Department while promoting excellence in customer service and optimizing the quality, productivity and profitability of the team.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Works with Ocean Export Manager/Ops Manager to provide general daily supervision and guidance to the Ocean Export Department staff.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and provides general, daily operational guidance to the Ocean Export Department Staff.
- Responsible for full compliance with all FMC, US Export Regulations and government agencies which have functions or duties related to all export activities and administrative laws & regulations.
- Works with the Sales Team to build account bases and file counts, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Works with internal partners to increase and develop our consolidation program.
- Works with ocean product team to increase and develop corporate initiatives.
- Builds Dachser's relationships with multiple ocean carriers.
- Reviews existing business to increase the margin per CBM or FCL through improved buying.
- Provides Quality training, while also maintaining a policy of zero defects.
Requirements of the position include:
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 5 years of experience working in ocean export freight forwarding, or a related discipline, with supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Ocean Export, FMC, AES & any other applicable regulations and documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of related operations programs.
- Hazmat certification preferred.
- Excellent carrier/vendor negotiation skills.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.