Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The CNC machine operator position will utilize the operator's skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes on CNC grinding machines. This position will be trained to become a gear grinder machinist.
- Perform manufacturing processes including the setup and/or operation of CNC gear grinding machines and other ancillary equipment.
- Inspect manufactured components for conformance to specifications using bench gauging.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including machine setup and operation, process verification, product inspection, documentation, material handling, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and enhance machinery performance to prevent machine downtime.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of 3 Years of CNC Experience
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math or industrial mathematics desired.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set use or setup various measuring devises.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language (strongly desired).
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.