Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we're always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Senior Manager, Operations, you will provide strategic leadership and direction for our Transportation Management services offering. You'll also define opportunities for improvement and efficiencies, while identifying areas of growth. Fortune named XPO as one of the most admired companies in the world and Forbes listed us as one of America's best employers. If you're looking for a growth opportunity with a company that's clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Define requirements for transportation operations and ensure the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed company requirements and customer expectations
- Develop and deploy transportation operational and management solutions, and establish business controls and processes to support regional transportation operations
- Provide direct supervisory control of transportation team to ensure service level standards are met
- Identify and deploy a broad range of customer cost-saving initiatives through established processes; achieve budget and operating income goals
- Lead HR development efforts through appropriate training, development and succession planning
- Identify growth opportunities with current and new customers; perform account management functions for select customers
- Recognize and manage operational risks/security practices; implement best practices and provide a safe work environment; support legal processes and enable legal dispute resolutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management (domestic or international)
- Working knowledge of and experience in the functional areas of transportation, warehousing, distribution, inventory planning and management, network analysis and materials management
- Experience with financial management and business integration; HR technical skills
- Availability to work extended hours, including evenings, nights and weekends; available for travel to customer and multiple operating locations
It'd be great if you also have:
- 8 years of experience in supply chain management (domestic or international)
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with experience effectively supervising, coaching and influencing employees
- P&L experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.