Overview Qualified candidates must be bi-lingual in Japanese and English.
The Inside Sales Coordinator in the International division is responsible for assigned account or trade lane customer retention, volume or revenue growth and customer satisfaction. The Inside Sales Coordinator is primarily engaged in supporting Account Managers in managing and growing assigned accounts or trade lanes, by closely monitoring new volume growth opportunities and accounts in the pipeline.
Responsibilities Account or Trade Lane Management and Customer Service:
- Develop strong relationships with assigned clients, YLA branches and overseas trade lane counterparts (if applicable) through timely communication and excellent customer service.
- Deliver custom solutions to client in order to simplify their logistics needs.
- Serve as the first point of contact between the client and internal operations and sales teams
- Ensure escalated issues are managed through to resolution
- Identify and qualify business opportunities with small and mid-size companies or assigned trade lane.
- Prepare and present proposals, quotes and recommend services based on customer needs.
- Create and maintain operational SOPs and conduct internal audit for assigned accounts, as needed.
- Onboard/Implement new customers
- Support RFQ and RFI process.
- Bilingual Japanese/English required. Candidate must be able to read, write and speak Japanese. Working experience in Japan or for a Japanese company is a plus
- High School diploma or GED. Associates' Degree preferred.
- 2 years' experience in the Freight Forwarding industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to provide great customer service.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly enough to make intelligent decisions.
- Outstanding problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to to prioritize and work around deadlines.
- Must be able to work effectively and contribute value with limited direction.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on corporate goals
- Ability to communicate in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of internal staff and entry level customer contacts.
- Ability to prioritize and work around deadlines.
- Ability to remain professional, confident and patient at all times.
- Must be a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft -- Word, Excel and Power Point
- Prior sales experience is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.