1st Shift, Week 1, Thursday - Saturday, 6:00am - 6:00pm
1st Shift, Week 2, Wednesday - Saturday, 6:00am - 6:00pm
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. Our employees are our greatest asset and we look for leaders who can coach their team to success. As the Seasonal Lead, you will oversee the warehouse and its employees to ensure our operations continue to run smoothly. If you're excited about working for a fast-growing global company, come grow with XPO.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Oversee process to ensure inventory and orders are completed accurately and on time
- Review workload and assign tasks to employees
- Properly train and coach warehouse employees; recommend discipline and development opportunities
- Correctly utilize a warehouse management system and maintain appropriate work documents
- Establish, maintain and promote exceptional customer service
- Correctly interpret and enforce company policies and safety procedures to ensure compliance; safely operate various equipment and tools
- Provide support and backup to warehouse management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a warehouse
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld scanners
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- To be legally eligible to work in the United States
It'd be great if you also have:
- 1 year of experience as a supervisor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Take a reach truck or cherry picker to a height of 23+ feet
- Tolerate a warehouse environment that is not climate-controlled
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.