Import Customer Service Manager - South San Francisco, CA - SFO
Develops a thorough understanding of clients key business objectives, shipping requirements and freight movement patterns. Ensures client satisfaction through workload coordination and prioritization of support resources which plan and schedule the appropriate modes of transportation based on daily client shipping needs. Manages to key internal and client facing metrics and defines strategies for continuous improvement
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all levels of transportation management solutions services and activities. Directly manages larger size/scope book of business.
- Manages direct staff. Fosters a participative work environment. Serves as mentor and role model for department personnel. Completes performance reviews for assigned staff, ensuring timely and accurate performance feedback is received. Provides for development and training activities for assigned staff, encouraging continuous learning and performance improvement. Interviews, hires and maintains appropriate staffing levels.
- Manages the performance of the organization/department. Develops goals and objectives of the department/organization to align with the Company vision. Monitors the department's effectiveness, ensuring customer needs and expectations are consistently met. Manages the department within budget.
- Coordinates and leads team meetings disseminating Company information, objectives and client news to team.
- Manages selected key accounts based upon size and complexity of requirements.
- Oversees, monitors, and actively manages key metrics and client margin factor while ensuring value proposition is being maintained. Targets key accounts that need improvement and drives/facilitates improvement actions.
- Determines carrier strategy to drive increased margin and minimize problems and issues with the account.
- Maintains client business review schedule and client continuous improvement efforts. Participates as required.
- Supports Noatum Logistics continuous improvement efforts for internal processes and methodologies.
- Develops and implements standard operational processes to ensure high quality services for customers. Documents processes and leverages training resources to institutionalize best practices. Performs regular evaluations of results accomplished.
- Implements continuous improvement plans and action to ensure steady progress is made in operation procedures, customer relations, rating, tracking and invoicing activities.
- Interacts with and influences support teams (Provider Development, Finance, etc.) to ensure business or processes are being served appropriately to meet key metrics.
- Responsible for P & L planning, forecasting and financial goals as set forth in P&L.
- Develops new business opportunities and participates in new customer implementation projects providing support as needed.
- Utilizes performance improvement techniques and principles to continually improve transportation services for client(s). Provides recommendations to client(s) for improving processes and works within established guidelines for implementing agreed upon changes.
- Prepares timely management information and reports as specified and requested by upper management
- Develops a thorough understanding of clients' shipping requirements and patterns.
- Coordinates and assumes responsibility for issue resolution among the various Noatum Logistics support teams to meet clients' needs. Coordinates with Provider Development to select/ develop/ manage a network of carriers to meet the needs of the client and their customers. Engages team and support teams to deliver value added services for client in fulfillment of value proposal and contract.
- Defines and delivers clients' expectation per contract and logistics services agreement. Adheres to all company and client(s) policies and procedures. Resolves conflicts through consensus-building techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience
- 5-7 years' experience in a Transportation or Logistics environment.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Strong customer relations ability with analytical and technical skills that can be utilized to produce creative ideas/solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks from multiple locations.
- Demonstrated successful negotiation and customer satisfaction skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and management experience, including process improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical, business planning and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop trend analyses and helps to build baseline of information with respect to the clients' activity.
- Ability to present client business review information through on-site meetings and formal presentations.
- Working knowledge of PC and business applications (including Microsoft Office).
- Master's degree in Business or related area with major or emphasis in transportation or logistics.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 3PL Pre-Sales support experience.
- 7 years or more of transportation/logistics experience. Preferred areas of experience are carrier contracting/negotiation, transportation operations (LTL, TL, etc.) and transportation management systems.
- CargoWise experience.