A Penske Tax Clerk operates in a team-based environment and is responsible for the procurement and controllership of personal property and sales tax documents. The ideal candidate must enjoy the opportunity to interact with state/local agencies, vendors, and internal departments. They represent Penske as the leader in the truck industry and must maintain professional and favorable relationships with all internal and external customers.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Road, Reading PA 19607
• Accurate and timely entry of assessments, and payments for personal property and sales tax
• Establish and maintain favorable relationships with districts and taxing jurisdictions
• Interact with state/local agencies to ensure accurate assessments and payments
• Process and file all valuation notices and tax bills in a timely manner for all states
• Assist with various departmental projects
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Strong organizational skills required
• Strong written and oral communication skills required
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required
• Analytical/Problem Solving/Customer Service required
• AS/400 knowledge and experience preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.