Location: Franklin Park, IL (ORD)
Reporting To: Air Import Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Air Import Coordinator is responsible for processing import shipments while coordinating and maintain excellent customer service. The goal will be to achieve high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-advise Handling
- Responsible for managing commercial terms of freight (i.e. LC, bank releases, check disbursement)
- Arrival Confirmation
- Confirm J2J/Create Jobs
- Validate Billing
- Responsible for confirming credit status
- Generate invoice
- Demurrage management
- Responsible for initiating OS&D
- Issue in-hand Documentation
- Arrange Delivery
- Transfer files to brokerage
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions
- Responsible for informing management of progress and requirements of the department
- Responsible for reviewing all documents
- Notify exceptions to customer service
- Verifies that shipments are processed through U.S. Customs
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the import department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from vendors
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3+ years of experience as import coordinator preferred
- Customs Broker License preferred
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to working in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
The current work schedule for the position is Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, overtime may be required based on the needs of the business. With an appropriate notice period work schedules may change based on the needs of the business. This position is located in a professional office environment.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
**It is the policy of Agility to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Agility will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.