With operations spanning the globe, Lynden International provides complete coverage to most major world markets. We provide air and ocean freight forwarding, expedited ground freight services, customs brokerage, logistics and other specialized services like facility management, charters, reverse logistics and assembly and distribution. We are the proverbial “one-stop shop” for any transportation or shipping need. Lynden has achieved Logistics Management Magazine’s #1 ranking in Airfreight Forwarding for the second year in a row. We are looking for people to contribute to Lynden International’s overall customer experience success by effectively interacting and supporting our customers.
Sells and markets Lynden's services to existing and prospective businesses with emphasis on domestic and international revenue and market share growth by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing and managing new and existing accounts within a dynamic geographic territory. Travels through assigned territories to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and contacts customers in sales office by phone or other correspondence.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the domestic and international transportation industry.
- Compile lists of prospective customers and leads based on information through cold calling using trade publications, directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Prospect for new areas of business through networking within industry organizations.
- Grow revenue and market share within territory to achieve corporate sales goals.
- Develop and maintain target list, pipeline and update associated systems as required.
- Qualify and analyze customer data to develop strategies to produce maximum profitable revenue and margin to meet required sales targets.
- Assist & support in compiling proposals for corporate and/or station sales efforts.
- Works with and supports District Manager and operational staff to establish SOP's based on commitments made during the selling process.
- Proper hand over from sales to operations with escalation points established with the District Manager and/or operational supervisor.
- Schedule and maintain weekly customer sales activities and events within assigned territory.
- Build customer relationships and foster company image through customer visits.
- Attend and contribute to weekly sales departmental meetings.
- Coordinates and confers with Regional Vice President and other personnel to achieve sales goals.
- Maintain required sales information and generate reports weekly through use of company automation tools.
- Meet or exceed sales goals and quotas. Revision of goals will happen annually.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Insight- Displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service-Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments.
- Professionalism/Ethics-Reacts well under pressure; upholds organizational values; treats people with respect.
- Strategic Thinking-Analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Motivation-Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Dependability-Takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years experience selling Freight Forwarding services (Domestic and International Air, Ocean) Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four year College or University; or one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. High School/GED diploma required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret tariffs, general business periodicals, professional journals and manuals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to calculate and apply concepts such as dimensionalized weight, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Familiar with word processing, spreadsheets, and data base programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle objects, tools, controls, and talk and hear; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Full range of vision abilities is required by this job (close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Traveling required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must have leadership skills as providing leadership to company and contractor personnel is essential to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer