We're seeking a hands-on Manufacturing Supervisor to lead a team of 10-12 fabricators in our Northlake, IL location. As the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will oversee the entire Manufacturing department in that facility and will also be responsible for production planning, customer interaction, and employee engagement. This shift will start at 5 am.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing/fabrication shop to include wood-working.
- 1+ year direct supervision experience.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma - no certification required.
- Proven history of meeting or exceeding goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Inspirational leadership to include coaching and mentoring
- Focus on safety, quality and delivery cost.
- MS Office proficiency, Excel for reporting.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge is preferred.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Oversees the fabrication and quality control process, monitoring progress and ensuring deadlines are met.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Checks fabrication of all material. Monitors shop performance, quality, errors and workmanship and reports to manager weekly.
- Ensures workplace is safe and in compliance with OSHA and Fire Codes.
- Ensures orders are processed completely, signs off on quality of product.
- Monitors inventory and oversees maintenance and perform repairs as necessary.
- Trains other associates as lead or senior employee or trainer. Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job.
- Administers workflow and manages schedules.
- Maintains a positive working environment.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job Locations US-IL-Northlake
Posted Date 1 week ago (1/7/2020 5:05 PM)
Job ID 2020-36167
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60164
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.