Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 17,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
The primary responsibility of the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Inspector is to test bearing components for defects that could potentially cause a bearing to fail during operation. Tests are performed on both in-process and finished components and utilize various non-destructive techniques such as eddy current inspection, fluorescent penetrant inspection, magnetic particle inspection, and surface temper etch inspection.
- Perform testing and analysis of various chemical solutions used in NDT.
- Calibrate and maintain calibration logs for NDT equipment.
- Interpret router and engineering print instructions as well as interpret and adhere to NDT specification requirements.
- Pull shop orders from designated staging areas and prep components for inspection (i.e. visually inspect, verify quantity, de-magnetize, clean, etc.).
- Perform non-destructive tests on bearing components per internal NDT specifications/technique sheets as well as develop technique sheets when necessary.
- Evaluate components per specified acceptance criteria.
- Post-Clean/De-Magnetize/Lubricate components and move to designated outgoing material areas.
- Responsible for training and assisting in methods rated.
- Record all results of tests and evaluation of components in logs and on routers.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Level II certification achieved by meeting the minimum requirements set forth in IP 250.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test
- Color perception with ability to distinguish and differentiate between the colors used in the method for which the certification is sought
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds
- Requires extensive periods of walking and standing
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.