HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for daily distribution activities, productivity, and quality within the assigned area(s) of the facility. Responsible for demonstrating safety, quality and productivity performance and operational expertise in the operation of equipment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Operates various vehicles for storage or removal of products and materials inside the facility or onto trucks for distribution to customers.
- Loads, unloads, and stages products and materials. Prepares products and materials for shipment.
- Completes and maintains pre-trip inspections, quality, inventory and preventative maintenance documentation.
- Maintains work area in an organized and clean manner ensuring safety practices.
- Monitors and tracks equipment downtime, equipment output and other key metrics.
- Works as a team with other operators to prevent line stoppages and improve operations.
- Cross-trains to perform other lift and off lift activities as needed.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3+ years' experience operating powered forklifts. OSHA Certification License required.
- Knowledge of various material-handling equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
Job Locations US-TX-Houston
Posted Date 1 week ago (1/7/2020 8:50 AM)
Job ID 2020-36150
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 77029
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.