Canada - QC - Boucherville
Graymont is an emerging global leader in the production and marketing of lime and limestone products. We have operations across North America and in the Asia Pacific region. Graymont's growing business focuses on technology and application innovation. To achieve this, Graymont supports the training and development of its employees and provides them with opportunities to explore their careers across Graymont's commercial, technological, engineering, environmental and finance functions, among others. Employees at Graymont receive competitive compensation and health care benefits and may also qualify for financial support for ongoing learning and development to help them reach their full potential. The sales and marketing team operates in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with high visibility. The focus is on driving results through innovation, growth and optimizing Graymont's strategic position in the market. Visit www.graymont.com to find out more.
Reporting into the Vice President, Sales & Marketing, the Director, Sales and Distribution (Eastern Region) will be a member of Graymont's North America commercial and logistics leadership team. While primarily responsible for sales and distribution activities in the Eastern Region, the Director, Sales & Distribution will work closely with the sales and distribution leads in Central and Western Regions, the VP, Marketing, the VP, Logistics, Customer Service and Quality Assurance, in addition to the Vice President to establish Graymont's North America sales strategy and to drive performance and results.
The successful candidate must be comfortable in an industrial/ mining/manufacturing environment and be able to be near and around heavy industrial equipment and processes. He/she must also have a strong desire to learn the lime manufacturing process, the uses for lime and limestone by our customers, and drive potential new/future applications. In order to maximize effectiveness, the successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with external and internal stakeholders at all levels.
The Director, Sales and Distribution (Eastern Region) leads (set performance targets and expectations, coaches, motivates, supports and controls) a team of sales professionals in the Eastern Region of North America. He/she is responsible for all aspects of the relationship between Graymont and its customers in the Eastern Region. This includes driving customer's satisfaction, achieving company revenue and margin targets, achieving new product development and applications development targets, budgeting and forecasting, day-to-day logistics management, strategic account management, addressing and resolving customer complaints, analyzing market trends and developing actions to capitalize on these trends, enforcing credit and payment terms, preparing contracts, and collaboratively being part of the sales and marketing leadership team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-starter and self-motivated and with a bias toward action and results
- Excellent value selling, technical selling, negotiation and customer development skills
- Strong relationship and people management skills
- Strong sense of urgency in profitably meeting customer needs.
- Team player that works well with cross functional groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint software.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Ability to achieve a thorough understanding of customer's and Graymont manufacturing processes
- Ability to understand, master and enhance the Graymont supply chain
- Ability to set priorities, plan and manage time and deliver short-term and long-term results
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Bilingual: English and French
- Undergraduate university degree in a technical field; MBA preferred.
- Ten years progressive experience in sales management in industrial markets.
- Be able to travel up to 70%
- Physically capable of accessing all plant locations, internal and external