Customs Entry Specialist
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The customs entry specialist prepares and processes entries, reviews details and verifies compliance data related calculations, and duty policies. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring the submission of additional information pertaining to cargo to CBP before it is brought into the U.S. The person in this role must possess a proficiency in classification skills as well as an ability to successfully interact with importers and manage post entry work.
- Process customs clearance confirming all necessary data and documents are available.
- Investigate, resolve and communicate operational or entry issues.
- Review fundamental components related to client requirements that include accounting, credit, customs bond, audit instructions and billing.
- Review entry details and verify compliance.
- Enter all billing charges into system.
- Participate in ISO audits and documentation updates.
- Other duties as needed.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel, and financial systems such as Cognos, SAP etc. preferred
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3 years minimum customs entry experience required
- Intermediate level knowledge in Microsoft Excel
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.