We are currently seeking a highly motivated Air/Ocean Export Coordinator in our Elmhurst, IL office to provide an excellent, professional level of service to meet our customers' needs in a cost -effective manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Woodland Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Woodland complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
This position is for local residents only.
The position will require liaising with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met; performing export process from start to finish, including costing, invoicing and customs entries/AES filing; arranging collections; booking space with carriers; setting up consolidated shipments for completion of AWB's; liaising with overseas offices and agents; providing quotations; rate negotiations; obtaining advice from manager on operational issues; and achieving agreed targets as set by Management.
• Minimum of 2 years- experience in an Air/Ocean Export Department
• Detailed knowledge of operational systems, with FCL knowledge being a distinct advantage
• Experience in producing documentation, i.e. bills of lading and customer invoices
• Experience in providing an excellent level of customer service within a freight forwarding environment
• Some college is preferred
• Excellent knowledge of air and ocean freight export procedures
• Certificate in Hazardous Goods as well as Security Training is a plus
• IT literate including good knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to work under pressure in an Export department while prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills