Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
- Provide global leadership for the Ball Bearing Product Group (($100M USD revenue). The primary objective is to drive profitable growth of the product line in both the distribution and OEM markets through strategy development and execution.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the global product strategy and tactics in alignment with market strategy to ensure long term growth and competitiveness.
- The individual assumes the lead role in defining and implementing tactics to achieve targets for sales revenue growth through sales support, new product launches and lifecycle management, pricing strategy, cost, and asset management as defined in the product strategy by working with key functional areas such as (Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Customer Engineering, Finance, R&D).
- Define the strategy to achieve profitable growth via a product plan incorporating:
- Competitive benchmarking (Product, footprint, cost structure, price analytics)
- Life cycle analytics
- Footprint strategy (interface with Process Design & Development and Supply Chain)
- Channels to market
- Cross-functional business planning alignment for priority projects
- Define tactics and lead cross-functional execution including:
- New product launch definition, execution, and commercialization
- Growth initiatives related to promotion, inventory, structural cost reduction efforts, etc.
- Participation in business processes requiring product management representation such as OSMI, price changes, business planning, long range forecasting, etc.
- Tactic implementation:
- Project management
- Management by influence across the organization
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Strategic thinking
- P&Lmanagement and planning
- Ability to manage and influence across the organization
- Results-based leadership skills
- Strong/advanced project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 10 years of relevant experience (including technical, marketing, financial, etc.).
- Non-engineering bachelor degree candidates will be considered for those with extensive, relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.