Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for providing financial support to manufacturing operations. This support activity includes general accounting activities such as accruals and capital vs. expense questions, cost accounting activities such as standard costing and production variance reporting, financial analysis activities such as make vs. buy decisions or investment payback calculations and internal controls activities such as inventory control and inventory adjustments approvals. This position will work with cross-functional teams including other salaried professionals and will be expected to challenge and hold accountable other team members. This position will be expected to drive process improvement and identify and implement cost reduction actions. This position will provide support to supply chain personnel including the VP of Supply Chain.
- Support Operations Controller in various closing, reporting, inventory management and business planning activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and standard product costs for various product lines and part numbers.
- Assist cost savings studies in support of continuous improvement plan activities. Drive monthly accounting closing processes.
- Provide cost information to other departments as required. Produce monthly reports for management.
- Do periodic audits and observations to ensure proper financial policies are being followed.
- Work with operations personnel to correct reporting as needed.
- Manage the evaluation of Sarbanes-Oxley audit requirements.
- Assist in physical inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Perform actual vs. budget variance analysis.
- Create monthly reports on actuals for Logistics Costs (Freight, PWS, DWS) including variances and explanations of those variances and assist in budgeting and forecasting these costs.
- Assist in inventory planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Serve as BPO for shipping and receiving and work with auditors on related controls.
- Work with distribution centers and third-party logistics service providers to ensure compliance and drive cost improvements.
- Other AdHoc reporting and analysis as necessary to support the BPT organization.
- Travel as required, up to 25%
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Microsoft Office
- Accounting and/or Finance
- Hyperion Planning - Oracle product
- SAP and Business Objects
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills/team player
- Prior experience working with internal and external auditors
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 7 years' relevant experience
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required.
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified and relevant experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.