|The Tender Pricing and Process Analyst will support commercial pricing for tender (bids) for project cargo within the geographical scope of the Pricing and Inside Sales Department or others as directed and help with the development and maintenance of processes and tools that support the department or operations. This position will report to the Manager, Tender Pricing and Process.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating and finalizing tender rate and service proposals for clients
- Decide best routing and service mode for specific proposal that creates a win-win solution for both the client and the organization
- Internal customer servicing and interaction with Operations staff
- Works to ensure that awarded tender business has a correct commercial hand off to operations
- As needed, help identify and resolve any customer service delivery challenges
- Negotiation of rates and terms with vendors
- Reviews and acts on existing contractual terms or general forwarding business for opportunities to improve net margins through improved pricing or use of 3PL and overseas margin analysis
- Updates routing guide and other information for both pricing and operations to use
- Performs Seaquest tariff filings for Agility Project Logistics
- Helps drive new processes and tools to support the department or other Agility units
- Performs required reporting and other position related duties as specific by management
- 3 to 5 years customer service, pricing or process experience
- Transportation or international business background
- College education /degree preferred with focus on business, economics or logistics/transportation. High school education with appropriate work experience acceptable.
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Six Sigma training / certification a plus
- Strong understanding of transportation industry and international shipment service and cost
- Excellent written and verbal/presentation communication skills
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Team player with ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKS HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT: Normal working hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 8am - 5pm, however, at times overtime may be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY: This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.