The Business Development, Project Logistics position is responsible for the growth of local sales within the Americas Region. The position reports directly to the VP Commercial, Americas. This individual will be responsible for hitting sales quotas and goals that will be outlined by management. He/she will travel to assigned territories to secure new business and deep sell existing customer base. The ideal candidate must have the ability to coordinate and manage organizational efforts and information by creating professional and effective business proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for selling logistics solutions to customers
- Maintain CRM per company policy
- Responsible for creating new business through contact with prospective customers in the assigned market
- Responsible for selling new services to new and existing customers
- Responsible for identifying market trends and competitive rate actions and communicating those trends to the Product Group
- Responsible for identifying, targeting, qualifying, and quantifying for TSA purposes and securing cargo commitments with directed sales involvement that meet and exceed the business plan forecast
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment by developing, engaging and maintaining a short and long-term forecast and marketing plan
- Responsible for assisting and facilitating in the preparation of regional RFQ's and bids
- Responsible for identifying the competitive service strengths and weaknesses of the company and making recommendations to constantly improve
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting monthly performance
- Responsible for understanding Agility pricing and cost components
- Responsible for other duties including: sales presentations, writing sales proposals, implementation, creating and adding to existing marketing materials
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- 5+ years' experience proven track record in Logistics-Oil & Gas/Projects sales
- 5+ years' commercial negotiations
- 3+ years' skilled relationship management and compliance knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with strong planning, organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to sell customers with sales presentations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel over 50% of the time and drive a vehicle.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Must be able to interact over the phone, internet, and in person, in order to identify and develop business opportunities and conduct the corresponding research. Requires highly developed interpersonal skills and will need to build relationships with individuals in commercial businesses.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required. Must possess the ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment, work independently and creatively with minimal guidance, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and operate on a flexible schedule.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position