Accountable for leading and managing sales and operational efforts to develop and secure incremental revenue and market share, and achieve profitable volume growth consistent with marketing plan initiatives for strategic global accounts. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure proper alignment with the Global account owner and collaboration with APL leadership
- Develop and implement sales plans that support increased sales
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers to maintain trust
- Execute business development plans (forecasts, budgets and operating plans), and provide leadership to the sales and marketing staff/Operational team.
- Establish proper KPIs for client and hold QBRs/MBRs in accordance with goals
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value.
- Capitalize on value creation opportunities by working closely with the sales and operations management team to develop creative workable solutions to customer needs.
- Facilitate cross-selling opportunities to increase revenue and leverage relationships in order to better penetrate the market.
- Help ensure AR challenges are properly communicated and handled.
Education & Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum four years industry experience preferred.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, customers and vendors.
- Computer literate
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Demonstrated sales success and knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing, motivating and developing individuals and high performance teams.
- Strong understanding of business beyond core functional expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of products and services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives.
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem identification and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Requires positive, competitive, confident personality with strongly developed persuasive skills and a customer-focused orientation.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Cognizant of domestic and international regulatory compliance laws and regulations related to the supply chain and transportation industry.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
- Allocates decision making authority and/or task responsibilities to others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel over 50% of the time and drive a vehicle.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Must be able to interact over the phone, internet, and in person, in order to identify and develop business opportunities and conduct the corresponding research. Requires highly developed interpersonal skills and will need to build relationships with individuals in commercial businesses.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required. Must possess the ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment, work independently and creatively with minimal guidance, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and operate on a flexible schedule.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position