Radial is a leading global provider of retail-optimized commerce solutions, including order management, fulfillment and customer care. The company enables brands and retailers of all sizes to deliver consistent omni-channel experiences across all retail touch points to attract and engage new customers, convert browsers into loyal buyers, and deliver products with speed and quality. With unrivaled flexibility and control, clients are armed to accelerate sales growth and win with today's digitally connected consumer.
The Transportation Manager, Small Parcel will support Carrier Relations for Final Mile deliveries. This role will be responsible for the day to day management for Carrier performance, contract execution, sourcing Carriers, target negotiations and supporting the supply chain initiatives. Responsible for > 50M annual deliveries with a network of approximately 25 carriers for domestic and international shipping.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountability
- Develop and to maintain long-term management of carrier relationships
- Conduct in-depth business reviews and to identify opportunities that drive efficiencies and grow the business
- Identify, contact, contract and implement new carriers and new services
- Serve as the point of escalation for operational issues for assigned carriers
- Develop annual business plans and prepare regular carrier business reviews
- Serve as liaison with other business unit leaders to communicate carrier site changes and enhancements to carrier partners
- Develop solutions that leverage the Company's volumes, systems and partnerships while providing consistently high levels of customer service in a cost-effective manner
- Coordinates transportation system changes.
- Provides data and recommendations on product tracking, route analysis, rerouting, costing and usage alternatives
- Maintain and report on the critical KPI's that measure carrier performance across the network.
- Conduct analysis and research as required
- Lead and manage a high performing team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Director of Supply Chain Services
- Experience in managing small parcel a plus.
- Typically requires interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches
- Typically considers new courses of action within broad policies and medium-term goals when solving problems
- With general assignments, able to determine priorities and is able to define what should be done and how to do it
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
- Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Relevant Work Experience:
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to ascertain and solve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across functional areas
- 5 years of supply chain working with carriers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in field of study related to the job