HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Oversees one or more small- or intermediate-sized projects. Assembles project teams, assigns individual responsibilities, develops project schedules, and determines and acquires needed resources.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Reviews project business cases to ensure costs and internal labor are accurately identified. Ensures approval of business cases and presents cases to governing body.
- Defines integration needs with other projects, systems, and business processes.
- Provides regular status information to all project stakeholders. Interfaces with upper management on project statuses and related issues.
- Reviews plans and schedules of other participating functions for compliance with the master schedule. Resolves scheduling and inter-functional conflicts.
- Participates in or leads daily, weekly, or monthly meetings. Reviews, tracks, and reports on project statuses and identifies deviations or adverse trends.
- Coordinates project teams from inception through completion.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Formal project management training and/or PMI certification highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 1 month ago (12/26/2019 9:18 AM)
Job ID 2019-35991
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.