Your Career Begins at Timken Diamond Chain
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Diamond Chain, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor augers is seeking to add to our 250 + associate team. Timken Diamond Chain is located downtown Indianapolis, IN, and has been in business since 1890. Timken Diamond Chain is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Diamond Chain offers competitive pay, an annual incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Diamond Chain Company, the world's leading manufacturer of high performance roller chain products is seeking a proven Area Manager to oversee daily activities and lead a production team.
The Assembly Area Manager will lead a production team to exceed safety, quality, productivity and delivery initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience in a high production unionized environment and a proven track record of improving productivity, developing people/accountability and establishing strict cost control.
- Supervise a unionized production team, while providing functional, technical and process leadership.
- Use technical knowledge and training initiatives to develop and motivate the team.
- Ensure the execution of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost initiatives within the Production departments (Fabrication, Heat Treat, and/or Assembly)
- Communicate expectations to all direct reports; provide direction, instructions and feedback as well as follow up with appropriate recognition for exceeding expectations.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Develop a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods in the work area.
- Ensure production schedules are followed with on time delivery a key metric.
- Track and analyze production data to drive the improvement of key metrics.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with all plant departments.
- Maintain accurate records of employee work hours, vacation time and all other time off, and when necessary, take action to correct in accordance with plant policies.
- Complete all reports associated with the position accurately and in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to cover various departments and shifts may be required.
- All other duties assigned by direct manager.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees in a union environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner as well as read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Efficiently execute and deliver on short term and long term productivity goals.
- Ability to hold a team accountable and motivate for results.
- Ability to drive change and lead continuous improvement initiatives that improve safety and cost.
- Ability to analyze data to drive decision making.
- Willing to work manufacturing hours across three shifts as needed.
- TPM background and exposure to lean manufacturing and best practices.
- Proficient use of MS Office.
- 5 or more years of experience supervising in a metal stamping, heat treat and/or assembly operation.
- Associate or Bachelor's in Business or related field preferred.
- 3 years of lean manufacturing experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.