Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor augers is seeking to add to our 400 + associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, a quarterly incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Timken Drives is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager! *Someone who knows in and outs of accounting* Plus, can lead a team of accounting professionals.
You'll fit right in with the culture IF you are a-
- SELF STARTER: You can take action without being told what to do and when to do it.
- You have the ability to LEAD. Plus, can work well on your own or with your teammembers.
- Have a PASSION for numbers and ensuring all compliance obligations are met.
- Provides the RESULTS needed and can interpret financial reports.
Want to learn more? Feel free to take a look at the entire job description below.
Position Summary: Perform a wide range of individual and supervisory functions related to the processing and recording financial transactions for the Timken chain / auger organization. Responsible for overall legal entity general accounting activities including monthly financial closing, preparation of financial statements and consolidations, budgets and forecasts. The position will analyze financial data providing variance analysis, comments and recommendations to management.
Essential Job Duties:
- General financial accounting decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing account policies and procedures.
- Completes consolidation and reporting for multiple legal entities.
- Protects company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing an effective system of internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with corporate reporting requirements (ex, sales data warehouse, S&A data warehouse, tax reporting).
- Provides the status of the financial condition and results of operation of the company on a timely and accurate basis by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Business plan and financial forecast preparation and analysis.
- Oversees the processing of accounts payable invoices in accordance with company policy and internal controls, and sales & use tax regulations.
- Oversees application of cash, monitoring of customer credit risk, and collection of past due accounts in accordance with company policy and internal reporting requirements.
- Maintains the financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees, and by monitoring and appraising job performance.
- Broad general accounting background, including direct G/L responsibility.
- Foster relationships that encourage openness and trust both internally and externally.
- Perform complex/varied tasks using independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations and independent judgment.
- Experience with Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Inventory Controls.
- Experience with Internal Control implementation and review.
- Experience with SAP.
- Excellent analytical, w/ effective delegation to staff and supervision/coaching of staff.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, especially in file and information management.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting required. Bachelor's Degree with experience in a manufacturing environment. Minimum: 5 years. Preferred: 7 years.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.