This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Export LCL Customer Service
Provides ocean and airfreight quotations and bookings including inland/pick up rates; support general office operations whenever needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to phone, e-mail, or faxed rate or booking requests from clients, agents or outside sales representatives.
- Schedule cargo pick up within North America with brokers or common carriers for delivery into designated terminals.
- Other duties include but are not limited to Confirming on boards, providing proof of export/fax bills of lading and invoicing trucking charges; assist with inland bids.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Manages difficult customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance professionally. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities effectively.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization's goals and values. Other competencies may be required according to assignments.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Prior Industry Experience required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public