Oversees production operations and provides day-to-day leadership to operative associates. This involves all aspects of operations management, including safety, performance/talent management, scheduling, quality, productivity, on-time delivery, continuous improvement and business plan achievement.
- Ensure legal and internal policy compliance for environmental, health and safety programs; and identify and implement improvements in these areas.
- Directly manage operative associates for performance against established metrics, including pay and development decisions.
- Coordinate training and development of operative associates, ensuring required staffing and cross-training exists.
- Help build the production schedule and manage production precisely to that schedule, providing proactive signals if schedule attainment is in jeopardy.
- Ensure in-process and outgoing product quality meets customer requirements and specifications.
- Communicate well with all associates to ensure that work schedule and requirements are understood and clearly pursued and that all associates are engaged and motivated.
- Evaluate and continuously improve productivity by developing and applying rigorous lean management principles.
- Monitor in-process orders and intervene as necessary to achieve schedule accomplishment and on-time delivery.
- Continuously drive positive change and improvement in all facets of operations and customer service.
- Establish operating budget and manage all costs and expenses to that budget.
- Maintain and comply with all standard operating procedures and processes.
- Work with management team to achieve all business plan targets for safety, shipments, gross margin, on-time delivery, quality, and cost control
- Embrace and support all Timken Core Values: Ethics and Integrity, Quality, Teamwork, and Excellence
- Knowledge of CNC manufacturing preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Understanding of OSHA compliance
- Lean manufacturing concepts
- 5S knowledge/experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelor's preferred
- 7 years of supervisory/management experience preferred
- Six Sigma certification preferred