Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Setup and operate a wide range of equipment in the Ring Finishing Cell according to company specifications, requirements (see chart below), and within limitations of accepted practice.
Basic duties are:
- Setup on each machine is exacting and precise. Special emphasis must be placed on optimizing feeds and speeds/pressures on all standard and special products including those items with unusual characteristics and materials. Maintain end product specifications to tolerances within specified limits of setup standards.
- Train personnel as required.
- Create and update standard work procedures.
- Care required in all operations to handle components to prevent surface damage.
- Gauge knowledge should be sufficient to operate all gauges in area of responsibility.
- Shall be capable of performing inspections in accordance with issued work instructions. In order to meet the intent of this job description, the technician must obtain certification as required.
- Ability to make minor modifications to NC/CNC equipment programs, and personal computers to input data.
- Perform various engraving operations including simple setups for engraving various metal bearing components with letters, numerals, and graduating marks using controlled scriber engraving machines following established procedures.
- Perform various washing duties on metal bearing components in accordance with customer/company requirements following established procedures.
- Perform routine tumble operations on all size and types of bearing components. Clean, deburr, burnish, break, and blend corners using appropriate machines, cleaning compounds and following established procedures
- Keep manager informed of all machine, quality and quantity problems or audit setups as required.
- Conduct or assist in problem solving events and meetings. Involvement in the development of new manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- Maintain necessary records. Move material and parts as needed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to the manager. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations. Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment as required.
- Perform and be involved in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Skills learned to be determined by the area manager based upon need of the entire group and the need for flexibility of the group.
- The top level RFC Technician will be subjected to a limited number of positions for each crew, determined by area manager.
Background and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required and over 3 years of experience or as determined by the hiring manager and human resources.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.