The Transportation Supervisor will be responsible for the Common Carrier and Fleet Transportation load planning and service metrics for Ohio Valley and manage a territory that consists of no less than 10,000 annual shipments with a primary service territory of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky.
Purpose of Position:
- Responsible for Transportation, both For Hire Carriers and Splash Fleet load routing and planning
- To assign, audit, and manage the activity of the Ryder loads (3PL), and managing the local For Hire Carrier.
- Ensure full compliance according to FMCSA, DOT and KDP Policies for Splash Fleet
- Ensure that the customer interface is managed in the most effective manner
40% : Operational Responsibility for the For Hire Carriers and Inhouse (Splash) Fleet in the Ohio Valley
- Lead a team of 2 Transportation coordinators on a day to day basis from order creation to execution (streamline process)
- Load planning includes: raw material inbound to the plant, 3rd party revenue lanes, and local shuttle moves, outbound branch deliveries.
- Confirm DOT/FMCSA regulations are followed per driver, including monthly safety meetings, JJ Keller driver files, driver / truck audits, DVIR process, ELD audits and system knowledge.
- Identify, review and implement backhaul operations to meet/exceed budgetary revenue targets
- Work closely with the fleet team on equipment requirements (including PM's, communication on repairs needed, fuel cards, etc.)
20% : Manage interactions and relationships with all customers and stakeholders Including: Drivers, Unions, Manufacturing, Planning, Ryder (3PL).
- Effective communication day to day with coordinators and drivers • Relationship building and continuous communication with backhaul customers
- Effective communication with internal shipping office personnel
- Knowledgeable and/or open to learn systems required for the position (SAP, Spireon, Peoplenet, Bluejay, Ryder, etc.)
15% : Continuous Improvement in both Cost and Service for the For Hire Carriers in Ohio Valley
- Review and improve upon the baseline for transportation costs
- Analysing fleet vs. carrier cost and service for best practices
- Provide input to optimize the network and align capacity cross regionally
10%: Develop and Maintain Cost and Service Metrics for the Transport Group Operations in Ohio Valley
- Understand the scorecard for transportation costs including: cost to operate vs. target cost, on-time performance, primary carrier utilization, and % handled by brokers.
- Other duties and project work as required
- Bachelors degree required
- Extensive knowledge of DOT/FMCSA required
- 5 years' experience in transportation required
- 3 years' supervisory experience required
- Profieincy within MS office products required
- Experience with SAP (preferred)
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.