Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is required to help sales personnel and management focus on the strategic efforts needed to achieve short term business plans and long-term sales / profit growth in U.S. Territory Management organization. The successful efforts of this position will go beyond clerical requirements to include assistance in communication, organization, and reporting tasks with both external and internal customers. This position is critical to our ability to respond quickly and decisively to customer needs and throughout the Timken organization.
- Assist territory in record keeping through invoice, contract, and administrative support.
- Provide monthly sales updates/reports to key Distributor Management Personnel. Report includes Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) data highlighting areas of concern or success.
- Contribution to driving margin and Free Cash Flow improvements. Support Territory Managers (TM), District Managers (DM) and Regional Manager (RM) activities as it relates to:
- Assist with collecting past due payments and minimizing Accounts Receivable
- Management of Change (MOC) support - leads to margin improvement
- Payment terms improvements, collection of bad debt
- Manage program phase outs with no Obsolete and Slow Moving Inventory (OSMI)
- Assist TM/DM/RM with account plan creation and maintenance as requested. Provide CRM reports to TM/DM/RM upon request to measure percentage of account plans completed to total account responsibility.
- Provide DM/RM with CRM visit reports weekly and/or upon request.
- Provide documentation to TM/DM/RM to support visit preparation - including, but not limited to - COGS reports, sales reports, quote reports, opportunity reports, Distributor Agreements and Claims Management System (DACMS) utilization reports, visit history reports, Timken Documented Value (TDV) reports. In addition to documentation, support customer visits by generating presentation material to be used by seller during visit.
- Provide TM/DM/RM with opportunity reports upon request.
- Support the following by submitting and managing DACMS and Price Deviation Request (PDR) in a timely and accurate manner to support seller efforts to maximize revenue.
- Capture full price increase through distribution - all DACMS special pricing removed - allow part number specific prices to float with price increase.
- Assist TM/DM/RM with required coordination, preparation and planning of the Distributor Training Schools, Vendor Fair, Open Houses and Regional Sales meetings.
- Manage the office, including ordering supplies, and ensuring all office bills are managed and paid on time.
- Manage weekly highlight reports for RM.
- Manage sports tickets for Dallas district.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- A combination of clerical, customer service, and office management experience
- General PC knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft office
- Analytical capability to work independently and problem solve related to serving our customers
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent with at least 5 years' relevant experience in Customer Service or Sales Support
- Preferred: Associate's degree in Business or related discipline, with 3 years' experience in Customer Service or Sales Support
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.