Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Safety & Training Leader - Shiloh
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of the Safety & Training Leader is to lead safety program and compliance activities, along with associate training and development activities in the Shiloh Plant.
SAFETY: Lead safety program; oversee plant activities to ensure associate safety and workplace compliance; and maintain safety documentation to achieve best in industry safety performance.
TRAINING: Identify training needs, develop effective training programs, develop and maintain training schedules, deliver associate training, maintain training documentation, and verify training effectiveness to ensure associate skill development and work competence.
- Model safe working behavior and serve as champion for safety, effectively communicating safety expectations to all members of the organization.
- Lead or serve as key participant in safety related teams/committees. Provide direction, education, and support for team/committee representatives.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and Timken safety requirements. Perform facility compliance audits, identify gaps and improvement opportunities, plan, track and manage improvements, record and report safety actions and performance.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, and standards. Communicate changes and provide education/training to ensure compliance with changes.
- Ensure comprehensive associate training and education to meet safety requirements and expectations and to promote a culture of safety engagement. Evaluate safety training needs, plan, develop, and deliver safety training, document safety training completion, maintain and communicate safety training requirements.
- Partner with corporate safety team, other facilities, and external sources to conduct training, audits, risk analysis, identify and share best practices, etc.
- Lead Carolina Star (OSHA VPP) compliance and recertification actions.
- Lead and facilitate teams to conduct investigations, utilizing root cause problem solving, for all significant incidents. Plan, track, and drive corrective actions to completion.
- Perform Job Risk, Ergonomic, Safety Critical, and monthly Corporate safety assessments and audits. Identify gaps and drive corrections and improvements.
- Direct all site first responders; including annual re-certifications.
- Complete projects as assigned.
- Evaluate and document training requirements to meet safety, quality and productivity goals.
- Develop training content, schedule and deliver training.
- Lead the review and update of all training plans, standard work, work element sheets, and other training material, as well as reviewing module functionality and format, as part of the quality management system.
- Use Timken learning management system, record and maintain all training requirements and information.
- Update, generate, and post training and competency reports.
- Monitor and track trainee progress. Provide feedback to leaders and trainees on performance and progression.
- Assist with development of training schedules including qualifications and re-qualifications.
- Work directly with management to satisfy special training requests.
- Complete projects as assigned.
Technical/Functional Skills and Experience:
Minimum of 3 years in manufacturing environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong data analysis skills
Strong project management skills
Skill in participating in, and leading cross functional teams
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Working knowledge of OSHA regulations/compliance
Working knowledge of Risk Score analysis
Working knowledge of Ergonomic analysis
Minimum of 3 years in training role
Experience and skill in creating and conducting training
Learning Management System experience (preferred)
Minimum High School diploma.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in business or technical field preferred.
Certified in First Aid and CPR or able to be certified within first 6 months in the position.
10 and 30-Hour OSHA course certification or ability to complete the certification within the first year in the position.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.